Way of Grace Sunday AM 'Broadcast'
We'd love to have you join us for our online Gathering this Sunday at 10:00am. Here's everything you need to know about participating:
1. Click on the link in our weekly Invite E-mail or click the 'Gathering link' at the top of this page. This will take you to the Google Meet 'lobby' page (you do not need a Google account to join). PLEASE try to join the meeting by 9:55am (we 'open' at 9:45am). We will aim to start promptly at 10:00am. [you may join anonymously--if you have a Google account, make sure to sign out--then simply add a first name, initials, whatever you prefer, when prompted on the 'lobby' page]
2. When you arrive at the meeting lobby (“Ready to Join?” is on the right side of the screen) please immediately mute your mic and camera (just click on the two circles at the bottom of the large black video screen on the left side of the window)(a pop-up notification may appear for permission to access your camera and mic—please double check the right side of the URL or web address window on your browser).
3. From this lobby screen you may also change the video settings by clicking on the three dots at the bottom right corner of the large black video screen. Click on “Settings”, then the “Video” tab at the top of the dialog box. Click on drop down under “Receive Resolution” and select “720p” if available (360p is the maximum for certain systems).
4. Make sure again that your mic and camera are muted and click the green “Join Now” button on the right side of the lobby screen. You should see the Way of Grace logo on a black screen or a video stream of the Gathering space.
5. After joining the meeting, you'll notice a large tool bar that pops up at the bottom of the screen when you touch the screen or move your cursor. Please immediately change the screen layout by clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side of that pop-up bar, then selecting “Change Layout”. Please choose the “Spotlight” option from the dialog box.
6. On the left-hand side of that pop-bar, you will see a drop down arrow with “Meeting Details” or the meeting name next to it. If you click there, then select “Attachments” from the dialog box, you will be able to download a PDF of the bulletin for that morning's Gathering.
7. At the top right corner of your browser window, you will find a small Google Meet bar that allows you to see who is involved in the Gathering, as well as a “Chat” option. Feel free to say “hello” by clicking on the Chat tab on the right, then composing a message at the bottom of the bar that pops out from the right side of the screen.
8. To enter full-screen mode, either double click/tap on the main browser/video window, or selecting “Settings” again from the three-dot option on the right side of the bottom pop-up bar. You will see the “Full Screen” option listed there. To exit full-screen, double click/tap again or hit the ESC button.
9. Once the Gathering has concluded, simply press the 'phone' button in the center of the bottom pop-bar.
* PLEASE NOTE: If there is any online interruption during the Gathering (unmuted mic, distracting chat activity, etc.), the interrupting participant will be removed from the meeting. Please handle your device carefully and be considerate of others.
1. Download the Google Meet app from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
2. Once the app is installed, click on the link in our weekly Invite E-mail or click the 'Gathering link' at the top of this page. If you presented with the option to open the link in your browser or the Google Meet app, please select the app. You will then be taken to the Google Meet 'lobby' page.
3. Immediately mute your mic and camera by click on the two round buttons at the bottom of your video screen.
4. Now click the green “Join Meeting” button. You will then see the guest list, as well as the “Chat” and “Meeting Details” button below the video feed. To access full-screen mode, rotate your phone 90 degrees. Tapping on the screen, you will see your options (e.g., “Chat”) at the top of the screen.
5. To leave the meeting, simply press the 'phone' button at the bottom center of the screen.
WANT A BIGGER SCREEN? Many smartphones and tablets allow you to 'screen cast' or 'screen mirror' to certain televisions and Smart TVs. If your computer or tablet has an HDMI jack, you can also use an HDMI cable to project your screen to your television through the TV's HDMI input.