The Luminous God (I John 1:5-10)
Topic: I John Passage: 1 John 1:5–1:10
The Luminous God
1 John 1:5-10
Pastor James Delarato
Main Idea: God is the perfect light that brings life;
reflect him by walking with Christ in confession.
II. Passage: 1 John 1:5-10
A. Our Perilous Problem and God's Solution
1. God is the Light that Brings Life (1:5)
2. The Light of God is Unbearable (1:6, 8, 10)
-Do I ignore or deny my sin?
3. How God Makes the Light Bearable (1:7, 9)
III. Connections to Our Hearts
1. The Light of Vertical Confession - What are my sins hidden in darkness?
2. The Light of Horizontal Confession - The reciprocal-community effect